Probio Forte, an optimal combination of probiotics
Probio Forte is a blend of probiotics, each capsule providing 8 billion micro-organisms from five different, but complementary, strains of lactic bacteria.
¤ Probiotics are live microorganisms which, when ingested in sufficient quantities, benefit our health by improving the balance of intestinal microflora. A healthy gastrointestinal system, with appropriate production of mucosa and colonisation of bacteria, prevents the invasion of harmful bacteria and the spread of inflammatory problems and acts against pathological mechanisms.
¤ Probiotics help to restore the integrity of mucosa and the balance of microflora. They also benefit the immune system, stimulate a number of elements involved in the defence and integrity of intestinal cells, and boost the immune response to certain infections.
Research has shown that probiotics:
- have a beneficial effect on virus- or bacteria-induced infectious diarrhoea. In children, probiotics have been shown to prevent such diarrhoea, including rotavirus diarrhoea, and reduce its duration and symptom severity. In some cases, they prevent traveller's diarrhoea and/or ease symptoms;
- prevent and/or relieve diarrhoea associated with antibiotic treatment;
- may improve lactose intolerance by promoting the conversion of lactose into lactic acid;
- in some cases, counteract colonisation of gastric mucosa by Helicobacter pylori; combined with drug treatments, they help clear up infection;
- boost the immune system and reduce episodes of diarrhoea in people with compromised immunity, such as those with HIV;
- decrease the risk of colon cancer: lower rates of colon cancer are observed in populations consuming large quantities of fermented dairy products;
- relieve inflammatory intestinal diseases;
- help prevent recurrence of ulcerative colitis;
- have an immunomodulatory effect: they stimulate the intestinal immune system;
- appear to lower the risk of atopic eczema and other allergic diseases in babies when taken by mothers during pregnancy;
- increase immune response to vaccine;
- boost weakened immune systems in elderly people and reduce the duration of winter infections;
- have cholesterol-lowering effects; in animals, they lowered cholesterol by up to 22%;
- have a beneficial effect on vaginal thrush.
You may also be interested in other probiotic strains for their benefits on gut microflora and cardiovascular health. Right now you can find our optimised formulations and .
Take one DR Caps™ a day, preferably on an empty stomach. While Probio Forte is stable at room temperature (20°C), once opened, it is advisable to keep it refrigerated.