Daily 3®Daily 3® is the most powerful and nutrient-rich formulation available in a single, three times-a-day capsule. Daily 3® contains significant levels of vitamins, essential minerals and other important nutrients and phytonutrients which together provide substantial, synergistic protection. Biologically active, the levels of nutrients in Daily 3® are higher than those provided by even the healthiest and most varied and balanced diet.
Daily 3® now contains 43 different nutrients.
Taken every day, Daily 3® provides all the nutrients you need to maintain and improve your health - essential antioxidant vitamins and minerals, the most absorbable and scientifically-supported forms of chromium, selenium and zinc, the acetylated form of the amino acid cysteine to boost cellular levels of glutathione, the full spectrum of natural forms of vitamin E (alpha- and gamma-tocopherol, and tocotrienol), both forms of vitamin C (water- and fat-soluble), lutein and zeaxanthin essential for eye health, and a blend of standardised berry extracts to provide high levels of anthocyanins with added green tea extract and Bioperine®.
New Daily 3® is the first multivitamin to provide an active dose of pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ).
PQQ is a disodium salt of quinone obtained through fermentation. The prestigious journal Nature has identified it as a potential new B group vitamin. However, PQQ’s properties extend well beyond providing this essential nutrient:
PQQ is a redox cofactor with particularly high molecular stability which can carry out thousands of electron transfers before it breaks down. As a result, it has up to 5,000 times more antioxidant potency for neutralising superoxide and hydroxyl free radicals than vitamin C.
PQQ also promotes mitochondrial biogenesis. It activates the genes that control the reproduction of mitochondria, stimulating their generation even within ageing cells. As we grow older, our cells lose mitochondria, resulting in an energy deficit that is associated with the majority of degenerative diseases. PQQ is the only substance known to address this serious problem. For more information on this subject, see "":
Daily 3®, enriched formula
Reflecting the latest scientific advances, Daily 3® has been reformulated to offer maximum daily protection to all the body’s cells with the addition of:
, a flavonoid pigment found widely in Nature (in celery, artichoke, parsley, thyme and propolis…) which has been the subject of over 2000 published studies highlighting its many benefits for brain health and longevity as well as its anti-cancer properties.
- It combats mitochondrial ageing, now acknowledged as a central part of the overall ageing process. Reductions in mitochondria lead to increased generation of free radicals and thus have a direct link with ageing. Some studies suggest that luteolin may combat mitochondrial ageing by activating production of cellular antioxidants, and may justifiably claim the title “anti-aging molecule”.
Apigenin or apigenol
- It is also a powerful antioxidant - twice as effective in fact as vitamins C and E and seven other flavonoids at combatting oxidative damage to cell DNA, thus enabling DNA integrity to remain completely intact.
- With proven anti-cancer properties, it is believed to influence the initiation and promotion phases of carcinogenesis and improve the detoxification process. Pre-treatment with luteolin has been shown to greatly induce apoptosis in a number of human cell lines, including cancers of the colon and cervix and to inhibit cell proliferation, angiogenesis and metastases. It may also help to maintain healthy methylation and protect against cell-damaging DNA mutations which are thought to be a key factor in the development of cancer.
- Other studies have demonstrated its cognitive-protective properties (memory, cognition, motor function), through the restriction of inflammation and disruption to optimal function of healthy cells by interleukin 6 (IL-6)-type cytokines. In addition, it helps reduce levels of amyloid proteins by protecting mitochondria from free radical attack.
- Lastly, it counteracts various allergic processes through its power to inhibit mastocyte generation of histamine and other inflammatory substances.
, also a member of the flavone group, is abundant in celery seeds, parsley, fenugreek and tea, and in the Mediterranean diet. Shown to be an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, and in animal studies, to regulate blood sugar, apigenin has primarily been identified as particularly effective at making cancer cells uncharacteristically ‘mortal’. As demonstrated by Professor Andrea Doseff of the Comprehensive Cancer Center at Ohio State University, it somehow restores the normal profile of cancer cells, particularly those of breast cancer.
In addition to these two polyphenols, the new formulation contains two previously-included nutrients but in different forms.
• Quatrefolic® acid
, or fourth generation folate, replaces folinic acid (calcium folinate). With better water-solubility, this form offers much greater bioavailability.
- It acts as a key coenzyme in a number of vital metabolic reactions: the transfer of one-carbon fragments, the biosynthesis of purine and pyrimidine bases as well as in the metabolism of several important amino acids.
- Together with vitamin B12, it ensures the conversion of homocysteine into methionine which is essential for healthy cardiovascular function.
- Conversion of tetrahydrofolic acid to 5-methyltetrahydrofolate in the body is mediated by the action of a particular enzyme. In individuals with a genetic defect, this conversion is limited, predisposing them to an increased risk of certain diseases. Supplementation with 5-methyltetrahydrofolate is therefore preferable to folic acid, since it is immediately available to react with homocysteine to avoid hyperhomocysteineaemia.
- Not only is quatrefolic® acid highly bioavailable for direct use by the body, but it is also a completely safe form that does not result in increased levels of unmetabolised folic acid, the long-term effects of which are as yet unknown.
• Crominex® 3+
is an optimised, safe and highly bioavailable form of the chromium already included in Daily 3®, ie, chromium nicotinate. This essential element is increasingly lacking in modern diets and deficiencies appear to be common
- Chromium is essential for metabolising proteins and lipids and is especially recognised for supporting carbohydrate metabolism. It plays a fundamental role in converting sugar into energy, regulating appetite, reducing cravings and increasing lean muscle mass by enabling protein to be converted into muscle.
This all-encompassing formulation of antioxidant multinutrients is exceptionally effective and should form the cornerstone of any supplementation regime. Daily 3® is without doubt one of the most effective and comprehensive multinutrient formulations available within the whole European Union region and is also one of the best value-for-money products in our catalogue.
- In this form, chromium remains in its trivalent state (Cr3+), offering enhanced stability and significantly improved bioavailability.
- It therefore improves insulin sensitivity, maintains healthy blood sugar by ensuring normal absorption of glucose at a cellular level, and controls the conversion of sugar into fat reserves.