Reducing consumption of unhealthy dietary fats is essential for maintaining an ideal weight and optimal cardiovascular health. However, modern dietary habits (eating ‘on the hoof’, family get-togethers, preference for fatty foods …) sometimes makes this hard to achieve.
• Chitosan is a polyglucosamine produced by de-acetylation of chitin extracted from the shells of crustaceans. It is a special soluble fibre that acts on fats like a sponge. Chitosan binds to dietary fats in the stomach to form an indigestible gel which is then eliminated naturally. As with other forms of fibre, this compound is not absorbed in the intestine but its particular advantage lies in its positively-charged amino groups that interact with negatively- charged bile acids and fatty acids and thus help to reduce their absorption in the intestine.
A new, rapidly-solubilised form of chitosan that’s up to five times more effective than existing forms!
• Not all commercially-available forms of chitosan perform in the same way. This new, unique, patented Super Chitosan (LipoSan ULTRA®) is obtained from the shells of cold water shrimps (Pandalus borealis), found mainly in the North Atlantic close to Iceland, and harvested responsibly and sustainably from crystal clear, perfect temperature waters. The combination of warm waters from the Gulfstream and cold, Atlantic waters creates the ideal conditions for plant and animal life.
• The solubility of conventional forms of chitosan can be less than optimal - capsules often need to be taken at least 30 minutes to an hour before meals which is not always practical and more importantly, is less effective in terms of ‘capturing’ fat.
• The new form of Super Chitosan contains a dietary additive, succinic acid, which significantly alters its structure giving it optimal solubility in the stomach (less than five minutes) from the point at which it comes into contact with hydrochloric acid. Its ability to bind to dietary fats present in the digestive tract is up to three to five times greater than that of conventional forms of chitosan.
Promotes body fat reduction
• Experiments on mice and rats whose diet had been supplemented with chitosan showed a decrease in food intake and weight gain due to a reduction in digestibility of the fats present in their food.
• A study of 59 overweight or mildly obese but otherwise healthy women showed that, in spite of consuming fat (30% of their total energy intake), taking Super Chitosan for eight weeks enabled them to lose around a kilo in weight without changing or restricting their diet, while in a placebo group, Body Mass Index (BMI) and average weight increased significantly (+ 1.5 kilo on average).
• Super Chitosan therefore constitutes a natural, risk-free aid to losing weight and in particular, body fat.
Take with meals!
• Due to its high solubility and ability to bind almost immediately to fats in the alimentary bolus, Super Chitosan should be taken at the same time as the two main meals of the day, with a large glass of water.
• For optimum results, Super Chitosan should be taken in conjunction with a balanced diet and regular exercise.
• Published clinical trials have shown no harmful effects from chitosan at doses of between 1.2g and 3g a day, and over periods ranging from 28 days to 1 year. A 3g/day dose of chitosan was given to 125 people for a 24 week period with no undesirable effects.
• Even though Super Chitosan contains no allergenic protein, it is not recommended for those with an allergy to shellfish.
Adults. Take 2 to 4 vegetarian capsules with 25 cl of water, spread over your two main meals of the day
Drink at least 1 litre of water a day.
For the best results, combine this product with a low-fat diet, regular exercise and an antioxidant supplement.
Attention : Do not take Super Chitosan at the same time as fat-soluble vitamins (A,D,E and K), essential fatty acids or lipid-based nutritional supplements. Take Super Chitosan with a meal, and wait 30 minutes before taking these other supplements.
Attention : avoid chitosan if you are allergic to shellfish.