NADH 5 mg
NADH, or nicotinamide adenine nucleotide, is an important co-factor which supports the work of enzymes throughout the body. In particular, it plays a vital role in the production of energy within each cell. It also contributes to the production of L-dopa, which is subsequently converted into an important neurotransmitter.
What do studies show about administrating NADH?
Studies have evaluated the potential of NADH in alleviating jet lag, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease and chronic fatigue syndrome, and also as a nutritional sports supplement.
- To patients with Parkinson's disease, induced an increase in neurotransmitters. It also generated improvements in motor skills, walking, posture and speech as well cognitive and emotional improvement in some patients;
- To people suffering from depression, had a beneficial effect in 93% of patients. This is because NADH increases levels of noradrenalin in the brain. It may also be assumed that, because of its participation in the production of the energy molecule ATP, it is able to restore energy to the brain;
- To Alzheimer's patients, prevented the disease from progressing and improved cognitive and behavioural problems. An increase in brain noradrenalin activity was also observed;
- To long distance runners and cyclists, significantly improved their performance and stimulated their mental capacity and alertness;
- To footballers, increased alertness, concentration and ability to react to stress. Their blood levels of L-dopa and noradrenalin also increased;
- To individuals on a long-haul flight, counteracted the effects of jetlag and improved their alertness and mental function.
|Daily serving: 1 capsule
Number of servings per bottle: 60
|Nicotinamide adenine nucleotide (NADH)
|Other ingredients: Acacia gum, rice bran.
Directions for use
Take one capsule a day (or as advised by your therapist), with water, in the morning, on an empty stomach. Wait 30 minutes before eating.