CBD Balm 7%
CBD Balm is a high-quality CBD (cannabidiol) balm for relieving pain in the muscles, joints and skin. Made from the leaves of Cannabis sativa and completely free from THC, it contains an exceptional level of CBD (7%), much higher than most CBD creams or balms on the market.
Its high coconut oil content helps the cannabinoids to penetrate more deeply into the various layers of the skin for unbeatable efficacy.
What benefits can you expect to see from using CBD Balm?
CBD Balm soothes, relaxes and nourishes skin tissue. It helps relieve:
- muscle pain;
- joint pain (especially arthritic);
- bone pain (particularly that related to fractures);
- cramps and aches;
- pain associated with scarring;
While pain in its various manifestations is the key target of the CBD in the balm, its properties also extend to improving skin hydration and helping skin to repair.
What is in CBD Balm?
CBD Balm contains an extract of hemp leaf standardised to 88% CBD, as well as several natural ingredients designed to optimise its efficacy and produce a satisfactory and easy-to-use texture:
- coconut oil. For its softening, conditioning and soothing properties;
- beeswax. This plays a key role in naturally improving the balm’s texture;
- essential oil of eucalyptus. Recognised for its ability to relieve rheumatic pain;
- essential oil of tea tree. The ‘go-to’ essential oil for any inflammatory problem affecting the skin or mucous membranes;
- essential oil of peppermint. A menthol-rich oil with remarkable analgesic properties;
- essential oil of lavender. Its main active principles (linalol, linalyl acetate, terpinen-4-ol) have proven pain-relieving effects. They act on muscarinic, opioid and dopamine receptors;
- vitamin E. This helps protect both the precious ingredients in CBD balm and the body’s cells against oxidative stress.
What are CBD’s mechanisms of action?
CBD is a natural substance which is very similar to the endocannabinoid messengers produced by the body to trigger various responses such as pain control (1-2) and relaxation (3). So similar is it that it can bind (to varying degrees) to the same receptors, triggering the same kind of chain reactions. These receptors (CB2) are primarily found on the surface of neurons, central nervous system cells, as well as on cells that make up skin tissue.
The responses triggered by the binding of CBD and endocannabinoids to CB2 receptors are (4-7):
- a decrease in the inflammatory response (and thus temporary pain relief);
- activation of vasodilation (an increase in blood vessel diameter, typical of relaxation);
- reduced sensitivity to pain, due to modulation of certain genes involved in pain transmission;
- a direct analgesic effect through decreased transmission of nociceptive fibres;
- a reduction in intensity and impact of symptoms related to anxiety or chronic stress (stress exacerbates pain);
- a decrease in the reactive oxygen species (ROS) and lipid peroxidation associated with cellular ageing.
Applying the CBD balm to the skin aims to encourage the cannabinoids to bind to the relevant skin cell receptors. It’s this binding that triggers the desired reactions. It is not designed to transport the cannabinoids into the bloodstream (transdermal absorption) as happens with certain medicinal creams. The effects of application are localised and long-lasting. Numerous studies have demonstrated the benefits on pain perception of topical application of natural cannabinoid extracts (8-10).
According to the April 2019 edition of the journal Clinica Terapeutica, B. Palmieri and his research team concluded at the end of their clinical study that "the topical administration of CBD ointment (without any THC) is a safe and non-invasive alternative for improving the quality of life of patients with skin disorders of an inflammatory nature (11)".
How should CBD balm be used?
Using CBD balm is very simple.
- Put a small amount on your fingertip.
- Apply directly to painful areas.
- Massage gently using circular movements until fully absorbed.
We suggest combining it with an anti-inflammatory supplement such as CBD 25mg or a natural extract of Boswellia to systemically boost and prolong the pain-relieving effect.
It can also be combined with a hydrating supplement to increase the hydration and health of skin tissue.
How is CBD produced?
The CBD in this formulation is extracted from the leaves of the Cannabis sativa plant, using SC CO2 extraction. This is an alternative method to the potentially eco-harmful organochlorine solvents normally used in extraction processes. It’s a very environmentally-friendly approach which ensures there are no solvent residues in the end product and helps preserve the chemical integrity of the heat-sensitive molecules.
Five good reasons why you should try CBD Balm now
- It’s a highly-promising natural alternative for controlling the kind of pain for which conventional medicine remains largely ineffective.
- It contains an unequalled level of CBD: the hemp extract used is standardised to 88%. Yet again, Supersmart has prioritised excellence.
- It’s packaged discreetly and elegantly allowing you to take it anywhere and use it as required.
- It’s 100% natural, containing no parabens, artificial colourings, toxins, heavy metals, chemical additives, hormone disruptors or other synthetic compounds often found in pain relief creams.
- It has an attractive woody, terpene aroma, and feels pleasant on the skin.
Note: unlike the narcotic drug of the same name, the cannabis used here does not contain THC It thus has no psychotropic effect on the user and has an excellent safety record in humans.
Directions for use
Adults. Apply to the skin whenever necessary, massaging gently and concentrating on dry or painful areas.
Read the instructions before use. Contains no psychotropic substances. For external use only. Keep out of children’s reach. Not recommended for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. In case of contact with eyes, mouth or mucous membranes, rinse thoroughly with water. In case of irritation, seek medical advice. Do not use on wounds, skin lesions or irritated skin. Do not smoke. Do not use this product other than for its intended use. Always wash your hands with soap and water after use. In case of ingestion, contact a doctor or poison control centre immediately. Close the jar firmly after use. Store away from light, heat and humidity.