Coleus Forskohlii 100 mg
Forskolin is an extract of the ayurvedic herb Coleus forskohlii. It re-sensitises cell receptors by activating the enzyme adenylate cyclase and by increasing the amount of cyclic AMP (adenosine monophosphate) in cells.
What are the benefits associated with Coleus Forskohlii?
- Cyclic AMP is a signal-carrier which is essential if cells are to react correctly to hormonal stimulation. Cyclic AMP is necessary for intracellular transmission in the hypothalamo-pituitary axis and for feedback control in hormone production. Restoring sensitivity of the hypothalamus and peripheral receptors enables hormones and other bio-energetic factors to work more effectively. It is not enough to simply restore correct hormone levels within the body - hormonal receptors also need to be sensitive and react effectively to stimuli.
- Forskolin also lowers intra-ocular blood pressure: a number of studies have shown it to be effective in treating glaucoma.
- Other benefits have been reported in the treatment of hypertension, asthma, eczema, psoriasis and angina pectoris.
- Forskolin stimulates digestive enzymes and improves nutrient absorption in the small intestine.
- Recent studies also show it stimulates thyroid function, increases basal metabolism, produces a significant rise in lipolysis (unsurprising, given that this is regulated by cyclic AMP) and even lowers fatty tissue synthesis. As a result, forskolin has become one of the most popular fat-burners' since ephedra was withdrawn from the market.
|Daily serving: 2 capsules
Number of servings per bottle: 60
|Coleus forskohlii extract, standardised to provide 10% forskolin
|Other ingredients: Acacia gum, rice bran.
Each vegetarian capsule contains 100mg Coleus forskohlii extract standardised to provide 10% forskolin.
Directions for use
Take one or two capsules a day, or follow the advice of your therapist.