- helps restore urinary comfort;
- stems hair loss in men;
- recommended for reducing menopausal symptoms.
1. For problems of the prostateThe most widely-researched property of this vegetable oil is undoubtedly its effects on the prostate. This is probably its main benefit and most distinguishing feature. Studies show it may improve benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate), prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate), as well as prostate cancer and the problems associated with it: reduced urinary flow, bladder compression, urinary discomfort and infections, inflammation and pain when passing water …
2. For the capillaries and skinPumpkin seed oil is also used in men to stem hair loss, particularly androgenetic alopecia (male pattern baldness) which causes varying degrees of hair loss on the crown of the scalp. Regular oral supplementation with 1 gram of pumpkin seed oil, together with topical application, produces good results in terms of hair regrowth. These effects are thought to be linked to its hormonal activity.
3. For the circulationPumpkin seed oil also has anti-coagulant properties and thus stimulates circulation in the limbs and reduces risk factors for blood clots.
4. For hormonesThe naturally high phytoestrogen content of pumpkin seed oil is the reason it is recommended for menopausal women. It helps reduce hot flushes, headaches, joint pain, menstrual cramps and mood changes, and at the same time increases levels of ‘good’ HDL-cholesterol.
5. For the cardiovascular systemPumpkin seed oil is very high in polyunsaturated fatty acids, the health benefits of which are well-established. These PUFAs include oleic and linoleic acids which help to reduce hypertension and balance cholesterol levels, as well as addressing problems related to atherosclerosis, various heart conditions and even stroke.
Are there any contraindications related to pumpkin seed oil?Yes, but they are minor:
|Dose journalière : 2 softgels
Number of doses per pack: 30
|Pumpkin seed oil||1000 mg|
|Vitamin E (D-alpha tocopherol)||10 mg|