Natural Curcuma 500 mg
So many studies have shown benefits from curcumin supplementation that a number of pharmaceutical laboratories are trying to patent synthetic products which mimic its mechanisms of action!
Curcumin is a potent antioxidant with a range of health benefits including helping to protect the body from cancer:
- It protects cells from free radicals through various mechanisms; in vitro, it even protects bacteria from lethal doses of radiation
- It stimulates the immune system in general, as well as in a localised way
- It regulates expression of nuclear kappa beta factor, a growth factor for cancerous cells and in vitro, inhibits the proliferation of prostatic cancerous cells
- It blocks oestrogen-like xenobiotic carcinogens such as the herbicide Paraquat, nitrosamines and certain solvents
- It inhibits cyclooxygenase (COX) and lipooxygenase (LOX), two inflammatory enzymes instrumental in the development of certain cancers, particularly colon cancer
- It has a similar level of anti-inflammatory efficacy as aspirin
- In vitro, it induces apoptosis (programmed death) of cancerous cells more effectively than selenium, vitamin A, vitamin D3 or green tea
- In vitro, it stops the proliferation of cancerous cells at stage 2 of their development
- It helps inhibit angiogenesis (development of blood vessels which feed tumours) by interfering with the enzymes AP-1 and metalloproteinases
- It's effective at protecting against viruses (its traditional use) and in vitro, inhibits replication of HIV in chronically-infected cells
- It inhibits abnormal platelet aggregation which leads to heart attacks
- It reduces cholesterol by stimulating bile secretion
- It reduces excess wind (bloating) in the stomach and intestines
To boost your immune defences, the natural immune-stimulant effects of (Lentinus edodes) may also be of interest. Discover, too, our other Ayurvedic nutritional supplements including , for facilitating intestinal transit, Triphala for detoxifying the gut, and the powerful formulation , for general well-being.
|Daily serving: 5 capsules
Number of servings per bottle: 15
|Curcuminoids (extract from 2,500 mg of Curcuma longa standardised to contain 95% curcuminoids)
||2 375 mg
|Other ingredients: Acacia gum, rice bran.
Each vegetarian capsule contains 500 mg Curcuma longa standardised to contain 95% curcuminoids.
Directions for use
Take 1 to 5 capsules a day at mealtimes or as advised by your therapist.