Oil Of Oregano Supplement
Oil of oregano is extracted from oregano (Origanum vulgare), an aromatic, Mediterranean plant traditionally used for its benefits in boosting digestive, respiratory, and joint function. One tonne of oregano is needed to produce 15 to 30 liters of oil. At the height of Islamic civilization, it was already being used by doctors to treat infectious diseases. This supplement is now available to buy at SuperSmart.
What Benefits do Studies Show About Oil of Oregnao?
Oregano oil contains, in particular, a phenolic compound called carvacrol, known for its broad-spectrum, anti-infective properties, thus making it a highly effective anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and antiseptic agent. A number of in vitro studies have shown that oil of oregano and carvacrol are able to kill a wide range of bacteria and fungi. Over 30 studies have been published on the anti-microbial properties of oil of oregano. In particular, they have shown that:
- Oil of oregano inhibited, in vitro, 19 of the 25 bacterial strains investigated, exhibiting a good effect against a further four and failing to prevent the growth of only two.
- Carvacrol demonstrated, in vitro, anti-fungal properties against Candida albicans and experimentally induced oral Candida in immuno-deprived rats, suggesting it may represent an effective treatment for oral Candida.
- When tested on the yeast model Saccharomyces cerevisiae, the surface of treated cells was significantly damaged by oil of oregano.
- In mice, oil of oregano was more effective than an antibiotic at fighting staphylococcus aureus infection. It also protected against infection in animals injected with Candida albicans.
- Even at a relatively low dose, oil of oregano is as effective against staphylococcus bacteria as certain antibiotics; it may therefore represent an effective treatment against antibiotic-resistant bacterial infections.
Buy Oil of Oregano today and benefit from its anti-infective properties.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
|Daily serving: 3 softgels
Number of servings per bottle: 40
|Oil of oregano standardized to provide 70% carvacrol
||135 mg |
|Other ingredient: sunflower oil. |
Directions for use
Adults: Take 1 to 3 capsules a day or as advised by your therapist.
Precautions: do not exceed the recommended daily dose. This product is a nutritional supplement and should not be used as a substitute for a varied, balanced diet or a healthy lifestyle. Keep out of children’s reach. Store away from light, heat, and humidity. As with any nutritional supplement, consult a health care practitioner before use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have a medical condition.
Value for money
Very effective. Capsules are not stuck together like some other brands. Quick shipping.
- Mediouni S, Jablonski JA, Tsuda S, et al. Oregano Oil and Its Principal Component, Carvacrol, Inhibit HIV-1 Fusion into Target Cells. J Virol. 2020;94(15):e00147-20. Published 2020 Jul 16. doi:10.1128/JVI.00147-20
- Leyva-Lopez N, Gutierrez-Grijalva EP, Vazquez-Olivo G, Heredia JB. 2017. Essential oils of oregano: biological activity beyond their antimicrobial properties. Molecules 22:989. doi:10.3390/molecules22060989.