DNA Repair Capsules
DNA Repair is a completely new formula that protects and increases our ability to repair DNA, the carrier of genetic information.
Why take DNA Repair?
Achieving or maintaining optimal health depends first and foremost on good cellular health. The main focus of current scientific research into extending life expectancy is almost certainly the protection and repair of damaged DNA.
Our cells multiply every day but the fragile DNA within each cell is vulnerable to damage by a range of factors including free radical attack and lack of vitamins, minerals and enzymes. When DNA is damaged, cell function becomes impaired, potentially to the point where cells are unable to self-replicate and divide. In fact, DNA suffers damaging events on a daily basis, but when entire generations of cells are affected, it compromises the vital reserves of tissues and organs, dramatically accelerating the ageing process.
Current scientific thinking supports the theory that it is the gradual destruction of DNA which leads first to accelerated ageing and then to overall impairment of the body, with a decline in capacity for self-repair that becomes increasingly ineffective with age. Self-replication of cells thus takes place in a damaged or corrupted form and cell division subsequently ceases to occur. This degenerative process can, however, be impeded with selective use of nutritional supplements. DNA Repair contains specific plant extracts, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that act synergistically to support DNA repair processes.
What are the ingredients in DNA Repair?
- AC-11 is a patented, water-soluble plant extract of Uncaria tomentosa. A number of clinical studies have confirmed the potency of its carboxyl alkyl esters (CAE) in repairing cell DNA damage, whether caused by UV exposure or any other source of oxidative stress. What's more, the benefits of taking AC-11 extend well beyond those related to repair of damaged DNA. Indeed, the many studies conducted on this product show that it boosts the immune system by supporting lymphocytes (increasing their lifespan); stimulates production of type 3 collagen (in the skin); repairs muscle tissue; improves inflammatory response by normalizing NF-kB, which is a nuclear transcription factor governing the genetic code of a number of proteins, that regulate cell apoptosis and the mechanisms linked to inflammation and cell growth. AC-11 standardized in CAE, is thus without doubt one of the most active anti-ageing agents, complemented by other antioxidant and reparative substances.
- The broccoli extract in DNA Repair is standardized to 10% sulforaphane. This widely-studied glucosinolate is an enzyme activator. Comparable to I3C (indole-3-carbinol), it is able to neutralize carcinogens by activating so-called phase 2 liver detoxification enzymes. It can also protect against certain chemically-induced cancers such as colon and prostate cancer. It is a major protector of cell integrity.
- Boosting its action, is an extract of wasabi or horseradish, added for its content in various glucosinolates which play a role in regulating liver enzymes, preserving DNA and improving the inflammatory response.
- Arabinogalactansextracted from larch (Larix occidentalis) impede inflammatory processes and are highly effective at supporting the immune system by increasing NK cells (hence their use in liver metastases) and lymphokines, thus combating the destruction of cell DNA by various aggressors.
- Curcuma longa, and particularly the curcuminoids it contains, are among the most effective substances for preserving cellular DNA and act as powerful detoxification agents. All the research on curcuma confirms it has general antioxidant properties, protects against cancer and reduces inflammatory processes, and that supplementing with it reduces mutagenic elements.
- SOD-Gliadins complex is the only stable, oral form of SOD (superoxide dismutase). This melon extract combined with a wheat protein (gliadin) protects DNA from oxidative damage.
- AuroraBlue is an exclusive powder complex of Vaccinium berry species (alaskaense, ovaliforium, membranaceum, uliginosum, cespitosum) which is rich in anthocyanins, proanthocyanidins, flavonols (quercetin, myricetin, fisetin, catechins), stilbenes, vitamins (C and K), minerals and oligo-elements. The excellent nutritional profile of this unique complex and the substances it provides: enables healthy cell replication to take place; combats inflammatory and oxidative processes, thus protecting DNA from attack at a cellular level.
- Chlorophyll, in the form of sodium copper salt, complements these other substances by combating free radicals and by binding to certain toxic chemicals, thus aiding their elimination from the body.
- Last but not least, this product also contains vitamin B9 in its most bioavailable form (Quatrefolic), vitamin B12 (methylcobalamine) and zinc pidolate - three essential catalysts that participate in redox and methylation of DNA.
This complex can be taken for long periods, either on its own or combined with cycloastragenol which also stimulates DNA repair by activating telomerase, or even with pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ) which protects mitochondrial DNA.
|Daily dose: 2 capsules
Number of doses per pack: 30
|Amount per dose
|AC-11® (proprietary extract of Uncaria tomentosa standardised to 8% carboxy alkyl esters)
| Extract of broccoli standardised to 10 % sulforaphane glucosinolate
|Extract of larch standardised to 85 % arabinogalactans
|Extract of Curcuma longa standardised to 95 % curcuminoids
| SOD-Gliadins complex combining extract of melon (Cucumis melo L) with extract of wheat (Triticum vulgare) on a plant maltodextrin base providing 500 IU (NBT units) of SOD
| Sodium copper salt of chlorophyll (including 4mg of copper, ie, 400% AJR)
|AuroraBlue® (Proprietary powder blend of Vaccinium alaskaense, Vaccinium ovaliforium, Vaccinium membranaceum, Vaccinium uliginosum, Vaccinium cespitosum)
|Extract of wasabi 4:1
|Zinc pidolate (including 3 mg zinc, ie 20 % AJR)
|Quatrefolic® acid (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid (from 200 mcg of 54-59% glucosamine salts and (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid)
|Other ingredients : Acacia gum, rice flour.
Quatrefolic®, Gnosis, Italy. GliSODin®, Isocell, France.
AuroraBlue®, Denali, USA. AC-11® is a trade mark of Optigenex Inc., USA. (Patente europeia N.º 1,485,114 A2, 1,096,943 B1)
Directions for use
Adults. Take two capsules a day.