Resveratrol is a phenolic compound and part of the family of flavonoids, known for their powerful antioxidant activity. It can inhibit the production of eicosanoids such as prostaglandins, thromboxanes and leucotrienes, compounds involved in inflammatory reactions and platelet aggregation.
What do studies say about Trans-Resveratrol?
Since the 1990s, the potential health benefits of resveratrol have been the subject of hundreds of studies.
- In particular, they have shown that resveratrol interferes with a number of mechanisms involved in the development of cardiovascular disease. Due to its antioxidant potency, it protects lipids from peroxidative damage and, in a dose-dependent manner, prevents oxidated LDL from entering the vascular wall (a key stage in the development of atherosclerosis).
- Appears to reduce the secretion of VLDL by the liver, thus preventing hepatic metabolism of lipoproteins.
- Stops proliferation of cells in the blood vessels which restrict the lumen.
- Prevents many stages of carcinogenesis as it appears to fight cancer in a number of ways, from blocking estrogens to modulating genes. It combats many cancers both in terms of prevention and treatment adn it destroys cancer cells, boosting certain chemotherapies.
- Its anti-inflammatory action is as effective as that of the drug prednisone, with the additional benefit of providing free radical protection. It inhibits the release of inflammatory cytokines in obstructive pulmonary disease, making it an effective treatment for this lung disorder.
- Protects the brain from free radical attack and beta-amyloid neurotoxicity.
- In yeast, it activates a longevity gene'. Its effects mimic those of caloric restriction, the only proven way to increase maximum lifespan.
- In obese mice, it prevented the negative effects of a high-calorie diet and increased their survival rate. It improved glucose tolerance and fasting glycaemia, though it did not affect their weight.
- In animals, it boosted the exercise capacity of their muscles and protected them from insulin resistance induced by their diet and obesity.
As a result of its protective properties and anti-aging effects, resveratrol is a very popular antioxidant nutritional supplement. To obtain maximum benefit, choose the most active form - trans-resveratrol capsules, available to buy at Supersmart. It can be combined with other antioxidants as in the formulation . You can also buy this resveratrol-like compound called . With very similar chemical structures, resveratrol and pterostilbene share many benefits including significant antioxidant potency. These antioxidant effects are offered by the formulation capsules, which contains both these compounds.
|Daily serving: 2 capsules
Number of servings per bottle : 50
|Trans-resveratrol (1 000 mg extract of Polygonum cuspidatum which provides 20% transresveratrol)
||200 mg |
| Other ingredients: Acacia gum, white rice bran. |
Directions for use
Take 1 to 2 capsules a day or as advised by your therapist.
Each capsule contains 500 mg of extract of Polygonum cuspidatum which provides 20% transresveratrol
Value for money
Beefing 81 and having brain like 40 years old is not to bed, according to my children.
M. Michel Alglave
incertitude sur la dose éfficace
powerful anti-oxydant to help you to protect and maintain a good health
We have been using Trans - Resveratrol over 10:years.
Now 80:years old and still fit for fight!
Bon produit, la livraison était rapide et soignée.
ANTIOXYDANT PUISSANT QUI ME PERMETS DE ME SENTIR BIEN.
Je prends ce produit pour aider mon traitement anti-glycémique (pré-diabète type II). Il devrait renforcer cet effet. Il est difficile, bien sûr, de savoir quelle part lui revient dans les bons résultats constatés.