Daily 2 Supplement - Time-release Multivitamin
This time-release multivitamin epitomizes the very best that nutritional supplementation offers in terms of protection and therapeutic potential. Daily 2® also has a particular and significant advantage: its galenic formulation means that all its active principles are released over a prolonged period of time.
As a result of ground-breaking technology, this supplement is able to both mimic the natural production and supply of micronutrients, while preventing high plasma concentrations that are often associated with mild side effects, and maximize micronutrient absorption — especially the absorption of water-soluble vitamins, which have to be delivered to the body in small amounts.
Who is Daily 2® aimed at?
The Daily 2® multivitamin supplement is ideal for meeting the needs represented by the first level of the Supersmart nutritional pyramid and offers a useful alternative for users of our two other benchmark multivitamin supplements, or our It is an excellent formulation for ensuring you receive the minimum daily intake of essential vitamins, microminerals, macrominerals and other compounds.
In fact, this time-release vitamin formula contains no less than 32 ingredients, all of which are naturally free from artificial colors and preservatives. All the vitamins and minerals included have been selected for their clinical validity, as well as their optimal bioavailability and absorption.
Our Daily 2® supplement is aimed at anyone looking to support their overall health and wellness.
What benefits are provided by the multivitamin formulation Daily 2®?
The quality of its many ingredients means that Daily 2® offers multiple benefits recognized by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA). In particular, it supports:
- Iron metabolism (Vitamins A, B2, and C).
- Energy metabolism (Vitamin B2).
- Macronutrient metabolism (Vitamin B8 and chromium).
- Fatty acid metabolism (zinc).
- Sulfur-containing amino acids metabolism (molybdenum).
- Calcium and phosphorus absorption (Vitamin D).
- Nervous system function (vitamins B2, B8, and B12).
- Normal blood cells (Vitamin B2).
- Eyesight (Vitamins A and B2).
- Cell specialization process (Vitamin A).
- Neurotransmission (calcium).
- Digestion (calcium).
- Fertility and reproduction (zinc).
- Thyroid hormone production.
- Protection of cells against oxidative stress (Vitamins B2 and C).
- Blood cell formation (Vitamin B12).
- Collagen formation (Vitamin C).
- Healthy skin and mucous membranes (Vitamins A, B2, and B8).
- Healthy hair (Vitamin B8, selenium).
- Healthy nails (selenium).
- Blood sugar regulation (chromium).
- Immune system function (Vitamins A and B12).
- Muscle function (Vitamin D).
- Increased energy (Vitamins B2, B12, C, and magnesium).
- Regeneration of the reduced form of Vitamin E (Vitamin C).
- Synthesis of steroid hormones, Vitamin D, and neurotransmitters (pantothenic acid).
- Healthy pigmentation of hair and skin (copper).
- DNA synthesis (zinc).
- Bone health (Vitamin D, manganese).
- Electrolyte balance (magnesium).
Together, these benefits support overall improvement in general health, wellness, as well as combat aging — a result of its high-quality antioxidants (bioflavonoids, pyrroloquinoline quinone).
5 Reasons Daily 2® Is the Best Time-release Multivitamin Available
- Studies have shown that only one in 10 adults get enough fruits and vegetables. A diet lacking in fruit and vegetables results in the body missing out on essential vitamins and nutrients.
- Studies also show the micronutrient content of food has been in decline since the 20th century. Among the factors responsible are the use of pesticides, impoverished soil, the selection of less nutritious varieties, and the fact that foodstuffs are in transit for days before being stored.
- Today’s foods and modern agriculture have become much more complex. As genetically modified foods become more common in food production, some argue that the changes to the food’s genetic make up and the conditions in which it is grown may cause negative effects on the human body, making antioxidants and non-processed foods essential to the diet.
- Western diets and lifestyles are increasingly linked to illness and poor health.
- As a result of its prolonged release mechanism, Daily 2® delivers vitamins and minerals all day long. This continuous delivery corresponds more closely to a natural intake than the intake of standard multivitamins, which deliver a high concentration of vitamins and minerals at once.
How have the various forms of vitamins in Daily 2® been selected?
The Vitamin E complex comprises all tocopherols and their isomers while Vitamin A is included with its carotene precursors: the alpha and beta carotenoids, as well as lutein, zeaxanthin and beta-cryptoxanthin (most multivitamins offer synthetic beta-carotene only).
Vitamins K1 and K2 (menaquinone 7) help boost blood coagulation and support bone health.
Particular attention has been paid to the form of folic acid chosen: unlike most available forms of folic acid, the form in Daily 2® is metabolically-active (metafolin L'5 methyltetrahydrofolate) and is thus better absorbed by individuals with methylenetetrahydro-folate-reductase (MTHFR) polymorphism.
The choice of Vitamin B12 — methylcobalamin — is a particularly safe form of a nutrient that is recognized for being hard to absorb when taken orally. As you might expect, this formulation contains Vitamin D3, hailed as the new panacea. Following the recommended daily serving of Vitamin D3 will support healthy bones and will provide multi-faceted support against bodily illness.
Which other elements make this formulation so exceptional?
The minerals and trace elements all have verified bioavailability and validity. Produced using the patented Albion Process (the gold standard), all the amino acid chelates have a low molecular weight which helps ensure exceptional tolerance and bioavailability. It contains the complex calcium citrate malate which has been widely studied for its efficacy and excellent absorption.
Chromium and organic vanadium have also been included for their physiological activity.
It is also worth mentioning the addition of rare elements, all of which are also available to buy at Supersmart, such as and that are designed to combat aging. The most popular Supersmart supplement that is meant to combat aging is probably
What are time-release vitamins and what benefits do they offer other vitamins?
The key advantage of Daily 2® is its timed release: a galenic form that enables the supplement’s active principles to be continually released over time.
What is a timed release vitamin and how does it work? What time-release supplements are, are supplements that offer a slower than normal release of the active principle. Instead of the micronutrients being delivered in one go, they are discharged from the tablets over time — hence the name time-release vitamins or supplement — and the active principles are absorbed over time.
The active principles are carefully blended with a gelling agent called hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (a plant-source alternative to non-vegetarian friendly pork gelatin). Once ingested, the capsule starts to swell as the gelling polymer comes into contact with digestive fluids and hydrates. A gel-like barrier forms and prevents the active principles, trapped in the matrix, from being released quickly.
To break free, they have to wait until water slowly permeates the gel, enabling it to dissolve and the active principles to be released into the digestive system. This can take time as fluid enters and leaves the matrix slowly. While the matrix crosses the gastrointestinal tract without disintegrating — though it can partly erode over time — the active principles are released and become bioavailable gradually, without the body having to deal with a massive influx of micronutrients that it is unable to fully digest.
The interval between the polymer hydrating to form the viscous layer that traps the active principles can be several minutes long and some of the principles on the surface of the tablet may dissolve before it happens. To prevent this, Daily 2® uses another compound, cyclodextrin, a natural-source carrier molecule, which slows down the solubility of the active principles, particularly water-soluble vitamins.
Quick-release vs time-release supplements — are time-release vitamins better?
By releasing the micronutrients continuously over time, the body is never confronted with a huge influx of active principles. Its access to them is instead spread out so that it closely resembles what happens naturally — in the way that Vitamin D is produced by the body as a result of gradual exposure to the sun, and Vitamin C comes from the fresh fruits and vegetables eaten over the course of the day, as do the majority of the micronutrients offered in the formulation. This specific delivery mode also means that:
- It is possible to reduce daily doses (because of its very short half-life, Vitamin C is normally taken in several small doses spaced out across the day, which is no longer necessary with Daily 2®).
- There are fewer unwelcome side effects because there are no plasma peaks.
- There is optimal absorption of micronutrients, and, therefore, less nutritional waste.
We know diet plays a fundamental role in preventing illness. Unfortunately, just as our understanding of the role and synergy of dietary nutrients is reaching new heights, our diet is plummeting to new depths — a paradox that underlines the importance of the best time-release multivitamins.
With its exceptional mode of delivery and scientifically supported composition, Daily 2® is considered an essential nutritional supplement, and it’s one of the best timed release multivitamins available. It is truly one of the few methods in modern life to optimally and easily fulfill our nutritional needs.