Bacillus subtilisis a specific, clinically-tested and patented strain of probiotic bacteria for improving natural defences and helping to fight infection and external aggressions.
Bacillus subtilis, a probiotic bacteria strain
Specially selected and studied for its immunostimulant properties, this strain is listed in the Collection nationale française de cultures de microorganismes (CNCM) as no. I-2745.
Pre-clinical and clinical trials have shown that taking Bacillus subtilis significantly boosts immunity in older people and protects them from winter infections in particular.
Unlike some other strains, this high-quality bacteria is spore-forming, ie it creates cells that are particularly thermo-resistant, offering a number of advantages:
• increased efficacy in the intestines precisely where microflora are located, due to very high resistance during passage through the digestive tract;
• high stability in the capsule at ambient temperatures (DRcaps™) ;
• high survival rate in the GI tract and ability to activate IgA-producing cells (immunoglobulin A is a key immunity antibody) as demonstrated in vitro and in vivo in pre-clinical tests and in a clinical trial in France.
This double-blind clinical trial involved 44 subjects aged 60 and over, who for four months during winter took 20mg of Bacillus subtilis for 10 days per month. Results showed:
• a significant increase (vs placebo) in IgA concentrations in respiratory and intestinal mucosa (saliva and stools); In view of these factors, Bacillus subtilis can be freely recommended for use by adults, especially older individuals whose immune systems are under particular stress and who may need a boost as winter approaches.
• a significant decrease (-38%) in the number of days with infectious episodes and reduced likelihood of reporting infectious episodes.
This supplement can be taken in conjunction with vitamin D3, vitamin C and zinc, all of which have recognised immunostimulant properties.
Adults. Take 1 capsule a day.