OptiVision - Vision Supplement That Supports Eye Health
Supersmart’s OptiVision supplement in vegetarian capsules contains a number of natural extracts recognized for their beneficial properties for vision health.
What are the benefits of eye health supplements?
OptiVision offers significant potential for preventing the development of certain sight problems and diseases, such as cataracts, age-related macular degeneration (AMD), glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy, which are often due to changes in cell structures in the eye.
By combating the premature aging of cells in the eyes, the various compounds in our product may be associated with the prevention of sight problems. Apart from protecting the eyes, some researchers have found a link between certain compounds in OptiVision and an improvement in visual capacity.
Studies show that exposure to natural or blue light may potentially harm the eyes. Emitted primarily by computer screens, the latter is increasingly implicated in eye fatigue and the onset of visual problems.
But the antioxidant properties of Supersmart’s OptiVision compound protects the eyes from oxidative stress and combats the free radical damage responsible for cellular aging. In particular, it protects epithelial cells in the lens, a crucial structure in the eye.
The compounds in our OptiVision formulation are the focus of many scientific studies. They provide optimal protection for our eyes and vision. They may even help prevent the onset of specific sight problems and improve overall visual capacity.
What is Optivision composed of?
With its truly comprehensive formulation, OptiVision offers optimal protection for the eyes. Alongside these protective effects, other compounds in OptiVision offer benefits for vision, such as calcium folinate which lowers levels of homocysteine, a molecule involved in several eye diseases.
Our OptiVision formula includes the following additional ingredients:
- Bilberry and Blackcurrant: OptiVision has extracts of bilberry and blackcurrant, which contain anthocyanosides. These natural pigments give fruit their color and have antioxidant properties.
- Grape Seed and Marigold: Our product also contains extracts of grape seed and marigold. Grape seed extract is known for its high polyphenol content, while marigold extract contains two antioxidant active principles: lutein and zeaxanthin. The antioxidant effects of all these natural molecules offer significant eye protection from certain aggressors.
- Retinol: Together with a range of natural extracts, OptiVision contains retinol, a form of Vitamin A found naturally in the body, which plays an essential role in vision.
- Powerful molecules: In order to offer a complete formulation for eyesight, our supplement also contains glutathione, N-acetyl-cysteine, calcium folinate and sodium R-lipoate. These molecules act synergistically with the antioxidants to provide comprehensive protection for the eyes.
Other mechanisms of action have been linked to our vision supplements, such as preventing the breakdown of collagen in the eye and stimulating several of its enzymatic systems. As a result of all these effects, OptiVision thus combats the decline in visual capacity by protecting the structure of the eye.
You may also be interested in other dietary supplements available to buy at Supersmart for maintaining visual health, such as the patented saffron extract which contains potent natural antioxidants for protecting the retina from oxidative damage. There is also our nutritional supplement, an antioxidant recognized for its protective effects on the retina, which in particular helps to prevent the development of age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
Common Conditions and Diseases That Affect Vision
Several conditions cause people to search out the best supplements for eye health. But there are two conditions, in particular, that concern the average person:
The first is age-related macular degeneration (AMD), which is the leading cause of vision loss among Americans. In fact, this condition affects more than ten million people. This ailment is closely related to aging, but that doesn’t mean younger people don’t experience the effects of AMD.
AMD occurs when the light-sensitive cells in the macula part of the retina start to deteriorate.
This part of the eye is needed for:
- Seeing fine details
- Recording what is seen
- Sending information to the brain
- Focusing on items
The second common concern is cataracts. This ailment leads to a clouding of the eye lens. In some cases, it impairs vision enough that performing daily tasks becomes difficult or impossible.
Cataracts are extremely common. One report claims that more than 24 million Americans over the age of forty suffer from cataracts. By the age of eighty, more than half of all adults will have a cataract.
According to the CDC, there are a few other common eye-related ailments that affect people:
- Refractive errors: these ailments make up the majority of eye problems in America. This set of errors includes hyperopia (farsightedness), myopia (near-sightedness), presbyopia (loss of focusing ability) and astigmatism (distorted vision at any distance).
- Diabetic retinopathy: This complication from diabetes is the leading cause of blindness in Americans. It causes progressive damage to the retina’s blood vessels in stages.
- Glaucoma: This group of diseases damages the optic nerve and results in vision loss. It occurs when the fluid pressure inside the eye rises.
- Amblyopia: This condition is referred to as a “lazy eye.” However, medically, it means that one eye has a reduction in vision because it doesn’t work properly in conjunction with the brain.
- Strabismus: This condition causes an imbalance in the eye positioning, and it may cause the eyes to turn out or cross in.
Regularly taking the best vision supplements may be able to help with some of these conditions, but it’s important to talk to your eye doctor before beginning any new supplement regimen.
Key Studies Related to Eye Health Supplements
Among the top studies related to supplements for better vision are the AREDS/AREDS2 studies. Both of these studies were sponsored by the National Eye Institute. They evaluated what are considered to be the top vitamins and vision supplements that research indicates benefit eye health the most.
These clinical trials studied several thousand people, with a follow-up period of a minimum of five years. They are considered to be the most reputable studies related to eye health.
The first AREDS trial included studying the effects of a multivitamin on the development and progression of both AMD and cataracts. There were 3,600 participants, all between the ages of 55 and 80.
In this study, the eye health dietary supplement composed of multiple substances reduced AMD’s progression to advanced stages by 25 percent. Within a high-risk group, vision care supplements made up of multiple substances reduced the loss of eyesight risk in advanced AMD cases by 19 percent.
With AREDS2, other nutritional vision supplements were evaluated. These included lutein, zeaxanthin and omega-3 fatty acids. The results show that participants experienced up to 25 percent less of a chance of developing AMD when taking these healthy vision supplements.
There have been other studies that illustrate the substances used in our own vision supplements can benefit eye health:
Side Effects and Precautions Related to Vision Health Supplements
For the most part, taking supplements for eye health has been shown to be completely safe. However, it doesn’t hurt to consult with your ophthalmologist before taking a new vision supplement. Your doctor should be able to tell if the formulation is safe and whether or not it will be effective.
However, some compounds, even the ones in the best supplements for eye vision, may interact with certain medications, especially when taken in high doses. If you have any sort of pre-existing health conditions or are currently taking medication(s), it’s vital to speak with your primary care physician.
And if you are pregnant or nursing, you’ll want to take additional precautions when taking even the best vitamin supplements for vision. While it might be safe to take, it’s always best to get the go-ahead from your healthcare provider prior to taking any new vitamins or supplements.
Directions for use
Our vision supplements come in a bottle containing 120 capsules. If you take the recommended dosage of three capsules per day, one bottle will last a total of forty days.
Because our formula is stored in capsules, it has a better absorption rate than tablets. And, as one of the best supplements for vision health, our formula may cause less stomach problems.
As is the case with many of the other best nutritional supplements for eye health, OptiVision has high bioavailability, which allows your body to absorb them easier. But our supplement doesn’t contain the fillers found in many vision supplements. You won’t find sugar, salt, starch, yeast, milk, egg, shellfish, preservatives, artificial flavors or colorings in our formula. This is a plus if you have any food allergies.
Along with our specially formulated supplement, you can do other things to improve your eye health:
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet
- Enjoy plenty of exercise
- Get enough rest each night
- Wash your hands regularly
- Don’t smoke
- Wear sunglasses
- Avoid excessive blue light and looking at devices
- Use a lubricating eye drop if your eyes are dry
By taking steps to improve your overall eye health and adding a high-quality eye supplement to your daily regimen, you may be able to maintain your eyesight for longer and avoid common health problems.