Alkaline Supplement Designed To Fight Bone Mineral Loss Due To Acidosis
Alkaline Formula provides a synergistic combination of ingredients known for their benefits and reported ability to neutralize the excess acid produced by today's diets and lifestyles. Modern diets tend to create excess acid and upset the body's acid-base balance, the latter being essential for good health. A high-quality alkaline supplement supports a more healthy acid-base balance.
Other factors, such as stress, lack of physical exercise, or oxygenation add to the problem and such imbalances can lead to numerous health problems, bone health being one of the most notable.
How can alkaline supplements help your body?
The neutral point between acidity (low pH numbers) and base (high pH numbers) is 7.0. A study on the effect of a supplement rich in alkaline minerals on acid-base balance in humans found an increase in pH in blood and urine samples from study participants. While the study showed an increase in pH with alkaline supplement intake with no relation to dietary changes, and that the alkaline mineral supplement used in the study did not produce relevant side effects, it also noted that the first step should always be to make changes in dietary behaviors to correct dietary acid load.
A review of studies on acid balance and dietary acid load noted that the Western diet is high in simple sugars, chloride, saturated fat, and sodium, all of which contribute to more acid-based readings. The modern diet lacks fiber, potassium, and magnesium, which are all needed to prevent metabolic acidosis.
In the review, it was also noted that a high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet may change the kidney's ability to regulate acid/base balances, creating more pressure on the body as it gets older. Additionally, the review indicated that there could be a correlation between acidic pH levels and bone loss. However, more research is needed to fully realize the best way to use supplements for alkalizing body pH levels.
What are the benefits associated with the ingredients in Alkaline Formula?
Not all acid-alkaline balance supplements are created equally. Our alkaline formula contains the following ingredients to provide overall better support.
- Glycine is an amino acid that has been studied for beneficial effects in supporting health and well-being in humans and animals.
- Ginger root extract is traditionally used to combat ulcers and dyspepsia. Research reveals the gastroprotective effects, but it may also prevent drug or stress-induced ulcers.
- Licorice root extract is known to help heal ulcers and gastritis associated with hyperacidity. Research has also shown that it directly absorbs acids and increases pH in biological systems.
- Chamomile extract has a spasmolytic effect, largely due to its apigenin content. The ability of apigenin to maintain the body's acid-base balance has been demonstrated in studies.
- Parsley, which is particularly rich in potassium, acts as a natural, mild diuretic and helps the kidneys excrete sodium and water. Studies also show that parsley is high in carotenoids, flavonoids, ascorbic acid, and tocopherol.
- Papain, an enzyme extracted from papaya, promotes the digestion of proteins, thus helping to regulate the body's acid-base balance.
- Alkaline minerals help neutralize metabolic acidosis and decrease the loss of bone minerals caused by acidosis. They may also increase blood and urine pH. Studies indicate they can decrease bone resorption.
- Citrates (calcium and magnesium) are base salts of weak acids rapidly eliminated in the form of carbonic acid. Citrate salts are absorbed and metabolized to bicarbonates, acting as systemic alkalinizes, phosphoric acid, tripotassium salt. Studies show that citrates are a powerful tool when fighting urinary stones.
- Phosphorus in the form of phosphate is essential for the kidneys to perform their function of regulating blood pH. Research indicates that supplementing with potassium salt restricts the urine calcium excretion and bone resorption induced by a high sodium chloride intake.
As more research is performed on the ingredients in our Alkaline Formula, we expect to find even more alkaline supplement benefits for overall well-being.
What about alkaline supplement side effects?
While utilizing alkaline nutritional supplements is compelling, it's important to do your research before you start taking an alkaline supplement. While supplements to increase alkalinity are considered as safe as eating an alkaline diet, not everyone should follow these regimens.
Before you start taking alkaline supplements, you should first consult with your healthcare provider. Once your physician is provided with a list of all the medications and supplements you are taking, along with any health ailments you are suffering from, the two of you can decide if starting on the Alkaline Formula is right for you.
In some cases, alkalizing supplements should be avoided. Additionally, until more research is performed, the alkalizing formula should be avoided by pregnant and lactating women unless otherwise recommended by a healthcare practitioner. The alkaline balance supplement is also not intended for children and should be stored in a safe location at all times.
If you notice any alkaline capsules side effects after you begin a new regimen, you should discontinue use immediately. Discuss the adverse effects with your primary care provider before you start taking the alkalizing supplements again.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.