Alcohol Detox Supplement
Alcohol Detox capsules contain a combination of ingredients which act synergistically against the damaging effects of alcohol consumption. You can buy this new formulation at Supersmart, now with improved benefits from adding asparagine, Picrorhiza kurroa and kudzu, to further boost its efficacy. Combined in a single capsule, this concentrate of active principles can help regenerate and protect the liver, especially against the harmful effects of alcohol.
Why take Alcohol Detox?
Acetaldehyde, a by-product of alcohol metabolism by the liver, is thirty times more toxic than alcohol itself. It encourages the formation of crosslinks between glucose and proteins, a process known as ‘glycation'. Alcohol metabolism also significantly increases free radical production which, if left unchecked by antioxidants, results in major oxidative stress. Alcohol consumption can cause a massive drop in levels of numerous micronutrients:
- Folates, vitamins B1, B6, PP, D and E are the first to come under attack.
- The fall in vitamin C levels, the main water-soluble antioxidant, results in serious oxidative stress in heavy drinkers, as well as a lower concentration of endogenous antioxidant enzymes – superoxide dismutase, catalase and glutathione peroxidase.
- Deficiencies in thiamine appear to be responsible for the degeneration of cerebellum cells, a problem affecting alcoholics.
What are the benefits of the ingredients in Alcohol Detox?
- Nacetylcysteine and Silymarin restore glutathione levels while Sodium Rlipoateis involved in glutathione recycling.
- Nacetylcysteine, Sodium Rlipoate and Thiamine, sulfur-based nutrients, also contribute to detoxification of acetaldehyde.
- Vitamin C plays a crucial role in protecting brain cells against alcohol induced oxidative damage. Combined with Vitamin C, Nacetylcysteine, and Thiamine protect against acetaldehyde toxicity.
- Benfotiamine, a fat-soluble thiamine derivative, prevents and slows down acetaldehyde induced glycation. Simultaneous supplementation with fat-soluble benfotiamine and water-soluble thiamine is essential in order to prevent some of the more harmful effects of chronic alcohol consumption.
- Administration of Asparagine reduces blood concentrations of acetaldeyde by over 30%, so preventing alcohol toxicity.
- Extract of Picrorhiza Kurroa stimulates liver regeneration. Studies suggest it is effective at protecting the liver from biochemical changes caused by a number of toxins.
- Kudzu contains flavonoids (puerarin, diazine and daidzein) which help reduce damage from excessive alcohol consumption. They appear to act by inducing activity of alcohol deshydrogenase (ADH), thus reducing the concentration of alcohol in the body.
- Silymarin, extracted from milk thistle, has liver-protective properties; its primary use is in treating alcohol-related liver damage but it also stimulates regeneration of liver cells and production of liver proteins; it acts as a potent antioxidant, protects against ethanol-induced oxidative stress in the liver and hepatocytes from alcohol-induced damage, prevents fibrosis which contributes to the development of cirrhosis and reduces mortality rates in cirrhosis patients.
For optimal liver protection, you may also be interested in a powerful and natural chelator called , available to buy at Supersmart. Studies suggest this compound can reduce the body's alcohol absorption by around 40%.
|Daily dose : 1 capsule
Number of doses per box : 120
|Amount per dose
| Ascorbic acid
| Sodium R-lipoate
| Thiamine HCl
| Milk thistle 80 % silymarin
| Picrorhiza kurroa 4 % Kutkin
| Kudzu 40 % isoflavones
| Other ingredients:Acacia gum, rice flour.
Directions for use
adults. Take one capsule with each glass of alcohol.
Attention : Alcohol Detox will not prevent you from getting drunk nor affect your blood alcohol levels. However, Alcohol Detox can significantly reduce alcohol’s harmful effects: hangover, malnutrition, oxidative stress, liver and brain toxicity.
Value for money
comme je bois de l'alcool je le prends !