Lung Health Supplement to Aid Breathing and Lung Detoxification
Lung Detox is a dietary supplement designed to optimize respiratory function. These capsules contain the best natural ingredients for supporting lung detoxification: quercetin, bromelain, curcuminoids, butterbur extract, maritime pine bark, and epigallocatechin gallate (EGCg). Our respiratory detox supplement encourages both detoxification and cleansing of the respiratory system to support healthy lungs.
Who is Lung Detox Aimed at?
Lung Detox is useful for anyone concerned about the condition of their lungs and respiratory tract. These lung cleanse supplements can be of particular benefit to:
- Smokers or those who used to smoke for several years. Smoking, both active and passive, has been shown to be a key factor in the decline of lung function.
- Those who have lived in cities for a long time. Air in urban environments contains numerous pollutants, such as particulates or nitrogen dioxide. While some produce immediate effects of varying severity, most contribute to the long-term development of irreversible damage to lung tissue and a decline in lung function.
- Those who do not get enough daily exercise.
- Those who regularly suffer from heartburn (acid reflux). Studies show that when stomach acid flows back up the esophagus, a small part is often inhaled into the lungs, reducing the diameter of bronchial openings due to excess stimulation of the vagus nerve.
- Those who are keen to ensure their respiratory function ages as slowly as possible.
Five Good Reasons To Take Supplements for Lung Health
As you look at available lung health supplements, you will find five key reasons to use our formula:
- Studies show that even a slight deterioration or inflammation of the respiratory tract and lungs weakens the immune and cardiovascular systems, which have to compensate for the decrease in oxygen supply. This results in a shorter life expectancy due to increased risk of mortality from respiratory, cardiopulmonary, and infectious diseases, as well as cancer.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or COPD, is the fourth most common cause of death after cancer, heart disease, and stroke.
- Deterioration of the lungs is a highly insidious process. By the time the first symptoms appear, the damage to the lungs is already very advanced.
- Endogenous antioxidant enzymes, which combat oxidative stress, are poorly expressed in the respiratory epithelium.
- The lungs age very rapidly; from the age of 30, maximum oxygen consumption decreases by 10% every ten years.
Why do the Lungs Age Faster than Other Organs?
The billions of cells in our bodies have a constant and enormous need for energy. To meet this need, we convert oxygen in the air into energy, using a mechanism called oxidative phosphorylation.
However, this process has a downside: oxygen is an aggressive compound that can damage our proteins, cells, and tissues. Around 2% of the oxygen we breathe is converted into even more dangerous by-products called reactive oxygen species (ROS), and that are sometimes referred to as free radicals.
All of our cells are in constant contact with oxygen, but those that make up lung tissue – bronchi, alveoli – are exposed throughout life to the highest partial pressure of oxygen found in the body. The oxygen that supplies the body's cells is – at some stage – in close proximity to pulmonary cells.
They, therefore, suffer a greater damage rate than other cells, especially because the enzymes meant to fight free radicals are in shorter supply there than anywhere else in the body. In the long term, this damage accumulates, causing premature aging of cells.
What Causes Lung Inflammation?
The majority of consumers looking to take lung health supplements want to reduce inflammation, but what causes this condition in the first place?
If you want to learn how to reduce lung inflammation, you must look at the causes first. According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine, these are the leading factors that promote lung disease:
- Smoking: This includes the smoke from cigars, pipes, and cigarettes. Additionally, being around someone who smokes can cause the same effects, even if you are a non-smoker. Using lung supplements for smokers might counteract some of these issues.
- Radon: This odorless and colorless gas is present in some homes and is dangerous to the lungs.
- Asbestos: This natural mineral fiber is used in fireproofing materials, car brakes, and insulation. The fibers can shed and enter the lungs because of their small size.
- Air pollution: Pollution from factories or car exhaust systems can contribute to lung conditions.
In addition to reducing exposure to these issues, taking one of the best lung health supplements, Lung Detox, may boost overall respiratory health.
What is in our Natural Lung Detox Supplement?
Lung Detox contains the most scientifically supported ingredients with benefits for strengthening lung tissue and relieving symptoms related to inflammation of the respiratory tract:
- Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCg) – extracted from green tea leaves, EGCg is the most potent of catechins; it helps protect lung tissue against oxidative stress. It also boosts and complements the formula's other ingredients, increasing its cleansing effects.
- Quercetin – extracted from the flower buds of Sophora japonica. Quercetin is a flavonoid with powerful anti-inflammatory effects.
- Bromelain (2,000 GDU/g) – a group of proteolytic enzymes that do not get broken down by the digestive system and therefore enter the bloodstream. Studies show they exert a systemic anti-inflammatory effect because of their ability to inhibit the production of pro-inflammatory messengers (prostaglandins). All the available scientific evidence suggests that bromelain is effective at relieving inflammation, particularly in the sinuses.
- Curcuminoids – extracted from the roots of Curcuma longa, curcuminoids are powerful antioxidants able to fight the inflammation that plays a key role in both the decline of respiratory function and in many chronic diseases.
- Extract of Petasites hybridus (butterbur) – standardized to 15% sesquiterpene lactones. Several studies have shown butterbur to be beneficial for relieving various breathing problems such as asthma, cough, and respiratory allergies.
- Extract of maritime pine bark – standardized in OPC (proanthocyanidins). OPC are flavonoids known for their significant antioxidant properties (20 to 50 times greater than vitamins C and E).
How to Enhance the Effectiveness of this Lung Cleanse Supplement?
Throughout the supplementation period, it is a good idea to adopt the following additional measures:
Reduce your sugar intake
Several clinical trials have shown that consuming less sugar helps improve stamina in people with chronic bronchitis. Digesting sugars produces more carbon dioxide than digesting protein or fat, and removing carbon dioxide is more difficult when the lungs are damaged.
Gradually increase your level of physical activity
Your muscles work harder during exercise, such as jogging, swimming, and even walking, and therefore, require more oxygen. If you engage in such exercise regularly, studies show your muscles get used to it and become stronger, reducing the amount of oxygen needed to sustain the physical activity.
Learn to breathe better
People with damaged or inflamed lungs are often in a state of chronic hyperventilation and lack oxygen. To remedy this problem, we recommend breathing exercises to strengthen the diaphragm, improve gas exchange in the lungs, promote relaxation, and facilitate the expectoration of bronchial secretions.
And, it goes without saying, but smoking is definitely not recommended. However, if you are going to engage in this practice, make sure you use lung support supplements for smokers.
You can combine Lung Detox with other supplements available to buy at SuperSmart, such as the liver detox supplement if you suspect your liver function to be compromised by exposure to toxins such as alcohol, drugs, cleaning products, or pesticides.
You can also add a natural anti-inflammatory, such as if you think the inflammation is systemic.
By now, you may be wondering, "where can I buy lung health supplements?" If you want lung support supplements, SuperSmart offers some of the best Lung Detox capsules for optimal respiratory function.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.