Goji Berry Supplement
The health benefits of goji berry supplements have been studied extensively over the last few decades, primarily in China where the goji berry has been declared a national treasure by the Government's Scientific and Technology Commission. And with SuperSmart’s high-quality Goji Berry Extract formula, you can now enjoy the benefits of the renowned goji berry.
What are Goji Berries?
Before you start taking a goji berry supplement, you should know what these berries are and why they are such a popular dietary supplement all over the world.
The benefits of goji berries have been enjoyed for over 3,000 years. They have long been a part of traditional medicine across Asia, particularly in China, Japan, and Southeast Asian countries. Also known as wolfberries and Lycium barbarum, goji berries are native to Asia.
While today, goji extract is one of the most common forms of the supplement, they have been a staple of traditional Asian cuisine since the 3rd century AD. Both the fruit and leaves of the plant offer benefits when consumed naturally or in supplement form.
The introduction of goji fruit extract in the Western world is relatively recent. It did not become a common healthy food to consume outside Asia until the turn of the 21st century. Since then, it has become a staple of healthy foods, supplements, and alternative medicines.
Goji berries are known for being sweet and slightly sour in flavor, and have a vibrant red hue. As cell growth supplements, they have long been used to combat visible signs of aging. They may also help maintain vision and strengthen vital organs, like the kidneys, liver, and lungs.
Keep reading to learn more about the health benefits of goji berries.
Goji Berry Benefits
Goji berries have been studied intensely, particularly in the last twenty years. During that span, scientists have discovered many potential health benefits of goji berries, including:
- Scientific research has shown that taking goji berries for immune system stimulation is a viable option, due to the presence of glycoconjugate polysaccharides.
- In animal studies, goji berries have shown to boost the immune system by increasing the lymphocyte transformation rate and improving the phagocytosis function of macrophages. It also boosts the activity of T lymphocytes, cytotoxic cells, and NK cells.
- Goji berries may increase the number of white blood cells and improve immunoglobulin antibody response.
- Studies show they may also increase lymphocyte T-cell transformation and increase the activity of white cell interleukin-2, which stimulates the growth of the immune system's blood cells that protect against microbial invasion.
- Goji berries promote normal cell growth and prevent free radicals from damaging DNA.
- Other studies have shown that goji berry has a liver-protective effect. The presence of zeaxanthin in goji berry enables it to help protect the liver from toxicity induced by carbon tetrachloride and combat the progression of alcoholic liver disease. Goji berries offer protection of the liver by inhibiting lipid peroxidation of liver cells.
- Polysaccharides have demonstrated in studies to potentially inhibit the development of cardiovascular disease in diabetic animals. They reduce the oxidation created by permanently elevated blood glucose levels and decrease lipid peroxidation. They also reduce cholesterol, triglyceride, and pancreatic hormone levels, thus improving resistance to the hormone responsible for regulating glucose in the blood.
In addition to those benefits, goji berries may preserve retina health and protect against eye diseases, including age-related eye diseases. High levels of antioxidants, such as zeaxanthin, may be able to mitigate the damage caused by oxidative stress, free radicals, and UV light.
Antioxidants like goji berries are also known for skin health. They contain beta-carotene, known for preserving healthy skin. Beta-carotene is regularly found in skin creams to reduce lasting sun damage, lower skin irritation, combat the signs of aging, and improve overall skin health.
Finally, studies have shown that goji berries may help regulate sugar in the blood, naturally increase energy levels, and even support digestive health.
Side Effects of Goji Berry Extract
Understanding goji berries' side effects – what to look for, the likelihood of experiencing them, and how to avoid them – is essential before adding the supplement to your diet.
Since goji berries are an all-natural fruit, most people will find that taking a goji supplement is perfectly safe. However, certain people could have allergies to the chemical compounds within it.
Moreover, if you are already taking prescription medication for a pre-existing condition, it is important to ask your primary care physician about taking a goji berry supplement, which is valid for any other supplement.
You can use research papers and medical websites to get a better understanding of the goji berry health benefits, as well as the potential side effects. There are also plenty of online forums where people share their experiences with certain supplements, including goji berries.
Take control of your health by doing your own research first. Usually, most side effects originate from taking too many goji berry capsules at once. It is vital always to follow the instructions on the bottle.
When using any supplements to stimulate the immune system, monitor the effects.
If you experience any uncomfortable or unpleasant side effects, stop taking goji berry extract immediately and contact your doctor.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Directions for use
How to Take our Goji Berry Capsules?
Taking a goji berry supplement properly allows you to maximize the goji berry supplement benefits.
Take 2 to 3 vegetarian capsules before breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Unlike other supplements, you will gain the most goji berry extract benefits by taking these capsules on an empty stomach.
While some supplements are best taken with food to aid absorption via the digestive system, goji berry extract is best absorbed when there is no food in the stomach.
And, as is the case with any supplement, it is crucial to monitor the effects of goji berry capsules while taking them. While most adults will experience goji berry benefits without experiencing any side effects, it’s critical that you schedule an appointment with your doctor if you notice any.