Red Propolis Harvested From Brazilian Bees
This supplement contains red propolis, a rare substance with an exceptionally rich nutritional content that is harvested from the mangroves of Brazil. It has the highest level of antioxidant phenolic compounds of all the forms of propolis and is the most effective at supporting the immune system.
Its extraordinary pharmacological potential – antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral antioxidant – exceeds that of which is itself a remarkable, highly-valued product. It also contains more isoflavones, which can help relieve menopause symptoms.
Red Propolis Extract Benefits
So, what is bee propolis? As confirmed by scientists some decades ago, the use of propolis dates back several thousand years, when people first discovered red bee propolis benefits.
More recently, researchers have discovered it has an astonishing number of biological and therapeutic properties, useful in everyday life. The following are some of the many bee propolis benefits:
- Stimulating the immune system to prevent infection. The immune system can become less responsive when the temperature drops or when it is subjected to a stream of external aggressors, making the body more vulnerable to viruses, bacteria, and pathogenic fungi. Propolis contains micronutrients to prevent such a scenario. It helps specifically by increasing the number of macrophages and makes them fitter and faster by stimulating their lytic activity.
- Helping the immune system fight infection and bacterial attack. In addition to optimizing the efficacy of immune cells, the flavonoids in bee propolis also provide a variety of natural antibiotic compounds that combat the growth of pathogenic bacteria, inhibit the synthesis of bacterial DNA, and break down bacterial cell walls. Individually, these flavonoids have a modest effect, but when combined, they are formidable and help the body repel aggressors using exogenous compounds. They are essentially an additional weapon that increases the effectiveness of immune cells. They include galangin, kaempferol, and pinocembrin, all of which have a powerful antifungal effect, as well as caffeic acid esters, which disrupt the progress of viruses from cell to cell.
- Fighting inflammation. The flavonoids in brazilian red propolis extract interfere with the production of certain inflammatory mediators (especially prostaglandins and leukotrienes) in a similar way to aspirin.
These remarkable properties mean that red bee propolis can help fight infections of all kinds – ENT problems, sore throats, rhinopharyngitis, and sinusitis – as well as reduce their duration and increase the effects of conventional treatments against fungal problems and bacteria.
Other studies have shown that some of its components help stem DNA synthesis in abnormal cells, increase levels of glutathione – an endogenous antioxidant, curb lipid peroxidation, reduce oxidative stress, decrease the toxic effects on the liver caused by alcohol and certain drugs, and combat signs of menopause. As you can see, the list of red propolis capsule benefits goes on and on.
Why is Brazilian red propolis so effective?
Several studies have demonstrated that red bee propolis is the most effective variety in terms of antioxidant potency. It contains more than 300 beneficial micronutrients, including:
- Volatile terpenes: limonene, terpenes, and oleic acid esters, which are partly responsible for its analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Phenols: flavonoids, lignans, tannins, and coumarins, some of which are specific to red propolis, including elemicin, isoliquiritigenin, trans-anethole, methyleugenol, dalbergin, vestitol, and medicarpin, which offer marked antioxidant and cytoprotective effects.
- Triterpenes: lupeol and amyrin, to which its antimicrobial effects are partly attributed.
- Specific isoflavones that reduce symptoms of the menopause.
- And inorganic precious elements, such as copper, manganese, iron, calcium, and vanadium.
Where does red bee propolis come from?
Propolis is a sealant used by bees for strengthening the hive interior, making it more air- and water-tight and better able to resist microbial and fungal attacks. The bees make it from anti-pathogenic resins gathered from tree buds and bark, which they mix with wax and saliva.
The propolis is then collected by beekeepers by scraping it out of the frames of the beehive, after which the wax and impurities are removed. The final product is a complex concentrate of phytonutrients from the tree buds and micronutrients directly from the bees.
In Europe, bees make propolis from poplar trees or conifers. In Brazil, however, where ecosystems are infinitely richer, there are about 13 types that vary based on the plant source used by the bees. They include red bee propolis, which contains the most antioxidant phytonutrients and demonstrates the highest antioxidant activity. It gets its red color from a unique flavonol pigment called retusapurpurine.
It is produced from a climbing tree with vine-like branches: Dalbergia ecastaphyllum, which grows in the mangroves of northern Brazil. In this extraordinary environment, far from intensive farming, the bees collect a bright red, resinous exudate, associated with the presence of a local parasite.
That is how we get Brazil red bee propolis. And while the brazilian red propolis supplement is considered the best bee propolis supplement, many people are also interested in green propolis supplements. Green propolis is produced by bees in southern Brazil from a completely different species called Baccharis dracunculifolia.
Five good reasons to take Brazil red bee propolis capsules
Red bee propolis is a natural and very rare product (annual production in Brazil is estimated to be only 1-2 tons), the manufacture of which relies on high-quality French extraction facilities.
The long list of Brazilian red bee propolis benefits provides plenty of reasons to take these supplements to boost the immune system. Here are five more:
- It is the most bio-rich, effective, and rarest of all the varieties of propolis.
- It comes in capsule form and thus leaves no bitter taste in the mouth.
- The fact that it is freeze-dried means that all the properties of its ingredients are well-preserved with a long shelf-life. This is not the case with fresh propolis, the quality of which is often mediocre.
- It contains much higher levels of isoflavones than other types of propolis, which can help relieve menopause symptoms.
- It is the best natural product for supporting the immune system throughout the winter.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.