Vitamin D3 Supplement – Bioavailable form of Vitamin D3
Vitamin D3, or cholecalciferol, is one of the two main variants of vitamin D, a fat-soluble vitamin now available to buy at SuperSmart. It is present in nutritional supplements in the forms D2 (ergocalicferol) and D3. In the liver, both are converted into 25-hydroxy-vitamin D, or 25(OH)D. Over the last 10 years, research has demonstrated that vitamin D may offer a number of additional health benefits when given at the right dose.
What are the Benefits Associated with Vitamin D3 1000 UI?
Reduces the risk of certain cancers
Scientific studies suggest that vitamin D may reduce the risk of 17 different types of cancer, including that of the colon, breast, prostate, ovaries, esophagus, kidneys, or bladder. It may even improve treatment outcomes for patients already diagnosed with cancer. Dr Cedric F Garland, a cancer prevention specialist at the Moores Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, estimates that 250,000 cases of colon cancer and 350,000 cases of breast cancer might be prevented each year throughout the world by increasing consumption of vitamin D3.
Studies suggest that vitamin D3 begins to have a protective effect when 25(OH)D blood levels reach between 24 and 32 ng/ml. According to these studies, a significant decrease in cancer risk might be achieved with a daily dose of vitamin D3 of 2,000 IU. Other studies also suggest that vitamin D may help prevent the recurrence, or slow the progress, of prostate cancer in patients who have already been treated for the disease as well as improving survival rates for lung cancer patients.
Benefits for bone health and infections
- The role of vitamin D in bone health is long-established. One of its principal biological roles is to maintain normal calcium and phosphorus levels in the blood. By promoting calcium absorption, it helps form and maintain strong bones.
- One scientific article hypothesized that seasonal infections such as influenza, could be due to the lower vitamin D levels typically seen during winter months, and not to an increase in viral activity.
- Low levels of 25(OH)D are associated with a higher incidence of hypertension, diabetes, obesity, and elevated blood levels of triglycerides. In patients suffering from congestive cardiac insufficiency, daily administration of 2000 IU vitamin D combined with 500 mg calcium reduced levels of the pro-inflammatory cytokines partly responsible for their condition.
- Has an immunomodulatory effect.
- Reduces predisposition to diabetes in elderly people, by slowing down pancreatic hormone sensitivity.
- Significantly reduces the risk of falls in elderly people.
Vitamin D3 is generally well-tolerated in adults at daily doses up to 2,000 IU. Several studies suggest it may be safe even at doses up to 10,000 IU a day, although health authorities have set the safe upper limit at 1000 IU a day. Scientists, however, believe a healthy adult needs close to 1000 IU per day. This dosage is available to buy at SuperSmart.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
|Daily serving: 1 softgel
Number of servings per bottle: 150
|Other ingredient: olive oil.
*Recommended Daily Allowances in Vitamin D3: 500%.
Directions for use
Adults: Take 1 tablet a day or as advised by your therapist.
Warning: for doses above 2,000 IU a day, a 25-hydroxyvitamin D analysis is recommended. If you suffer from kidney disease, do not take vitamin D3 without consulting your therapist. Do not exceed 10,000 IU a day, all sources combined, without the advice of your therapist.
Precautions: do not exceed the recommended daily dose. This product is a nutritional supplement and should not be used as a substitute for a varied, balanced diet or a healthy lifestyle. Keep out of children’s reach. Store away from light, heat, and humidity. As with any nutritional supplement, consult a health care practitioner before use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have a medical condition.
No reviews for this product yet