Bacillus subtilis 30 mgBacillus subtilisis a specific, clinically-tested and patented strain of probiotic bacteria for improving natural defences and helping to fight infection and external aggressions.
Specially selected and studied for its immunostimulant properties, this strain is listed in the Collection nationale française de cultures de microorganismes (CNCM) as no. I-2745.
Pre-clinical and clinical trials have shown that taking Bacillus subtilis significantly boosts immunity in older people and protects them from winter infections in particular.
Unlike some other strains, this high-quality bacteria is spore-forming, ie it creates cells that are particularly thermo-resistant, offering a number of advantages:
• increased efficacy in the intestines precisely where microflora are located, due to very high resistance during passage through the digestive tract;
• high stability in the capsule at ambient temperatures (DRcaps™) ;
• high survival rate in the GI tract and ability to activate IgA-producing cells (immunoglobulin A is a key immunity antibody) as demonstrated in vitro and in vivo in pre-clinical tests and in a clinical trial in France.
This double-blind clinical trial involved 44 subjects aged 60 and over, who for four months during winter took 20mg of Bacillus subtilis for 10 days per month. Results showed:
• a significant increase (vs placebo) in IgA concentrations in respiratory and intestinal mucosa (saliva and stools); In view of these factors, Bacillus subtilis can be freely recommended for use by adults, especially older individuals whose immune systems are under particular stress and who may need a boost as winter approaches.
• a significant decrease (-38%) in the number of days with infectious episodes and reduced likelihood of reporting infectious episodes.
This supplement can be taken in conjunction with vitamin D3, vitamin C and zinc, all of which have recognised immunostimulant properties.
|Daily dose: 1 capsule
Number of doses per pack: 60
|Amount per dose
|LifeinU™ Bacillus subtilis CU1
||30 mg (3.109 CFU)
|Other ingredients: Acacia gum, white rice bran. |
Probisis®, Lesaffre, France.
Directions for use
Adults. Take 1 capsule a day.